The information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace medical care. This post may contain affiliate links, thus if you click and buy something I'll earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Dear fellow human,
Your life is a mess. It’s in chaos. You can manage a messy life.
Yes, it’s a terrible undeniable mess of problems, failed plans, missed opportunities, sadness, traumatic events, and disappointments.
Your life is still worth living. It’s okay. You are not alone in this. Most of us fake it although our outside appearance may fool the world. Material things cover a multitude of imperfections. By amassing wealth, buying the most expensive stuff and showing off, we think that it will give people the impression that all is going well and cover the messy life that we lead.
And then, you hear about a successful man or woman committing suicide. While the old man who seems to have been through the roughest paths of life has lived in poverty and is almost hitting 100 years smiles a toothless grin after eating a meagre meal.
So, it’s like this. If you are reading this post and you know well that deep inside your real life is a mess, keep reading.
Maybe all aspects of your life suck because of failed plans. Or a major part of your life that you hold dear is completely disorganized. These are the symptoms of a messy life. To see how many you identify with, check out the following list of sample symptoms of a life that is messed up.
- Your social relationships suck
- You are addicted to something that you know is harmful
- You are heartbroken
- You are confused or in a dilemma
- You have regrets stemming from what you consider poor or stupid choices
- You are broke
- You are constantly sad
- You are out of control
- You can’t say no
- You feel guilty of something
You can face so many challenges in life that solutions may seem to be unavailable. C’est la vie, dear fellow human. Even when you find solutions to certain problems, other problems may still crop up to threaten your balance. But, you can manage your messy life.
How to Manage your Messy Life.
First, you need to recognize that your plans in life can be interfered with because there are a lot of things that you do not have control over. You cannot force life to go in exactly the way you want it. Life will give you surprise hits and sometimes surprise rewards.
Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t. -Steve Maraboli, Life, The Truth and Being Free
And even when you manage your life very well, someone else can mess it up for you. Accept your mess as it is. Expect some messes as well. But, don’t let that to make you lose meaning in life. On the other hand, these disappointments of failed plans and your flaws are the spice in your life. You can manage your life by facing it and fighting everything that threatens it.
Now to some tips for managing a sinking-full-of-chaos life that feels like is losing its meaning.
- Make changes. Change begins by adjusting your mentality. Try new thoughts. Thoughts are the key determinants of how you perceive your life to be. Change your thoughts toward the direction of self-improvement and growth rather than focusing on the things that go wrong in your life. Refine your life goals and plans. Improve your plans. Plan to do things differently. You can always find something to live for. The fact that you are capable of reading this shows that you have a lot to be thankful for even if your life seems to be a wrecked mess. Then, revise your attitudes toward your life. See more about making changes, adapting to change and adopting the new changes HERE.
- Accept that life is meant to be lived. What else is life for? It is meant to be lived. Your life is not damned or done just because you have temporarily lost focus or failed. Now, that it’s messy, it has some interesting parts in it. Though it might be bitter, at least now it’s no tasteless. You might even find a way to use this mess to your advantage. I doubt that anyone alive today when setting life goals, plans for a messy life. Life is not easy to predict because unforeseen circumstances can happen to anyone.
Here is a Bible verse in that regard.
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all – Ecclesiastes 9:11, King James Bible
You are probably thinking about how your life is not worth it yet another person may perceive you as someone who has got it all together. You have no obligation whatsoever to have a perfect life all the time.
Your life could be a mess, but make decisions that will not render it messier. Don’t cause or add messes to other people’s lives.
You can deal with it, make adjustments, manage it successfully and give an inspirational story to future generations. It’s a universal thing. It’s being human. Sometimes your life is a mess, but you can find remedies for all your failed attempts at living.
Life is for living. Keep living. Don’t give up.