This post contains affiliate links, meaning if you click and buy something I'll earn a commission at no extra cost to you. The information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace medical care.
Enjoy these awesome inspirational change quotes. Become unstuck. This is a dose of 50 quotes derived from human wisdom. People have defined, observed, learned, experienced, and written about changing and adapting to dynamic situations in life. Is resisting change harmful all the time?
How beneficial is adapting to change?
Check out these quotes about adapting to change.
These change quotes may also fit the context of:
- Adapting to change quotes
- Changing quotes
- Adapt quotes
- Be open to change quotes
1.”The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” —Albert Einstein
2. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” —George Bernard Shaw
3. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.” —James P. Lewis
4. “Life is neither static nor unchanging. With no individuality, there can be no change, no adaptation and, in an inherently changing world, any species unable to adapt is also doomed.” —Jean M. Auel
5. “Adapt or perish, now as ever, is Nature’s inexcusable imperative.”
― H.G. Wells
6. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.”—Stephen Chbosky
7. “Change. Adapt. Bend so as not to be broken. Let opportunity guide your actions.”
—Wayne Gerard Trotman
8. “Learn to surf whatever life throws at you.”—Gustavo Razzetti
9. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”
10. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
11. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
12. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”—Albert Einstein
13. “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.”― Seth Godin
14. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”— Lao Tzu
15.“You can’t crush ideas by suppressing them. You can only crush them by ignoring them. By refusing to think, refusing to change.”
― Ursula K. Le Guin
16. “The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open.”—C. JoyBell C.
17. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.”—Anatole France
18. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back….”—Erica Jong
19. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”—Barack Obama
20. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”—Madonna
21. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.”—Andy Warhol
22. “When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”—Paulo Coelho
23. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, maybe the very reason why you don’t have something better.”—C. JoyBell C.
24. “I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.”—Aldous Huxley
25. “The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”—Jon Krakauer
26. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!”—Steve Maraboli
27.“Change, like healing, takes time.”—Veronica Roth
28. “This was when I learned that you have to give up your life as you know it to get a new one: that sometimes you need to let go of everything you’re clinging to and start over, whether because you’ve outgrown it or because it’s not working anymore, or because it was wrong for you in the first place.”—Kelly Cutrone
29. “You cannot change anyone, but you can be the reason someone changes.”—Roy T. Bennett
30. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”—Winston S. Churchill
31. “Changing your outside world cannot make you happy if you are an unhappy person. The real personal change can only happen from the inside out. If you firstly create the change within yourself, you can turn your life around.”—Roy T. Bennett
32. “I give you this to take with you: Nothing remains as it was. If you know this, you can begin again, with pure joy in the uprooting.”—Judith Minty
33. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.”—Leo Tolstoy
34. “Change may not always bring growth, but there is no growth without change.”—Roy T. Bennett
35. “Change is the end result of all true learning.”—Leo Buscaglia
36. “Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle and best at the end.”
37. “Real change is difficult at the beginning. Without the familiar to rely upon, you may not in as much command as you had once been. When things are not going your way, you will start doubting yourself. Stay positive, keep the faith, and keep moving forward – your breakthrough may be just around the corner.”—Roy T. Bennett
38. “Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.”—
39. “There are things about ourselves that we need to get rid of; there are things we need to change. But at the same time, we do not need to be too desperate, too ruthless, too combative. Along the way to usefulness and happiness, many of those things will change themselves, and the others can be worked on as we go. The first thing we need to do is recognize and trust our own Inner Nature, and not lose sight of it.”—Benjamin Hoff
40. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”—Reinhold Niebuhr
41. “Adaptability is not imitation. It means power of resistance and assimilation.” —Mahatma Gandhi
42. “In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.” —Charles Darwin
43. “Instead of constantly adapting to change, why not change to be adaptive?”—Fred Emery
44. “Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent.” —Nolan Ryan
45. “There is nothing permanent except change.” —Heraclitus
46. “Success comes from the inside out. In order to change what is on the outside, you must first change what is on the inside.” —
47. “In every change, in every falling leaf, there is some pain, some beauty. And that’s the way new leaves grow.” ―Amit Ray
48. “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” —Dolly
49. “Transformations are a part of life. We are constantly being changed by things changing around us. Nobody can control that. Nobody can control the environment, the economy, luck, or the moods of others. Compositions change. Positions change. Dispositions change. Experiences change. Opportunities and attitudes change. You will change.” —
50. “Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”
I hope you enjoyed reading these change quotes and you are inspired to adapt to change, make changes, or embrace change for a better you and a better world.
I’ll appreciate it if you share other change quotes you like that this list could have missed.
Life is for living. Keep living. Don’t give up.
Check out other related articles:
Disclaimer: These quotes have been researched from online sources. The validity of the original source of the quote is not verified.